Quick-pressed spring flowers
Put those spring blooms to good use with our quick pressed flower method, which makes a lovely decoration for Easter craft. Use flowers from a beautiful bouquet, or pick fresh ones from your garden.
1. Lay your flowers out on a piece of kitchen towel, leaving a generous space between each one
2. Top with another piece of kitchen towel and slide into the centre of a heavy book. Make sure the book doesn’t have any metal in its bindings – a notebook with elastic strap will work well
3. Place in the microwave and top with a heavy dish or microwave plate and heat for 30 seconds
4. Remove and leave the rest for 2 minutes, then wrap the flowers in fresh kitchen towel and heat for a further 30 seconds
5. Change the kitchen towel again and leave between the pages of the book for half a day until dry
6. Use to create Easter cards or to decorate boxes for edible gifts